Shades & Sails
Get better protection from the weather with maximum shade
- Material with up to 97% UV protection for SunSmart communities
- Strong, wind resistant material with extra coating and additional tension testing
- Complement the architecture of your building with attractive colours and design
Commercial frame shades
Give your community better protection from the weather with strong frame shades
- Stable and secure structures such as a hip and ridge structure, and rafters and ridge
- Accurate onsite measurement with custom manufacture so it fits the space perfectly
- SunSmart and heat reducing material with up to 97% UV protection from harmful rays and cooling properties
- Large spans with minimal structure for flexible, shaded, open area to suit crowds
- Good protection from the weather with material tested to withstand high winds
- Range of colours and styles to match your buildings and grounds
- Childcare centres
- Government organisations
- Bowls clubs
- Golf courses
- Tennis clubs
Grant: Shades & sails
We have installed shades and sails for schools, councils, sports clubs, and other community organisations since the grant began in 2016. So your shade or sails will comply with Victorian government guidelines to meet the conditions of your grant.
8 Reasons our customers recommend us
- Work complies with grant guidelines so you can meet your requirements
- Working With Children Check (WWCC) so your children are safe around us
- Work according to engineering standards for your peace of mind
- Quality material and installation for reliable, long lasting protection
- Insured for professional indemnity and public liability
- Warranties on material and set up for peace of mind post-installation
- Established, reputable Australian local business you can call anytime
- Competitive cost so you get quality product and service for your rebate
- Professional project management (including permits) for a smooth process
- Reporting and documentation so you can easily tick all your boxes
- Maintenance service to keep your community safe and continue to meet your grant conditions
Benefits of shades and sails at Warrnambool Shade & Blinds
Long lasting for high traffic areas
Fabrics are made of strong round monofilament yarn, combined with a close lock-stitch construction. This gives it a high resistance to rot, breaking, and even vandalism so your sails and shades will look newer and last longer. Especially when your grounds are accessible after hours.
Wide range of designs and colours
Complement the architecture of your building by choosing the right design and colour. Your experienced consultant can give you advice about what types of shades and sails will suit your environment, needs, and budget.
Fabrics used are manufactured from the finest materials with stringent processes that are certified and tested at every stage of production. Materials are fire-resistant, tear resistant, windproof, and SunSmart with up to 97% UV protection.
High quality stainless steel and galvanized steel are used to give your shade or sail strength, durability, and stability so people stay safe.
Stress free process
Let us take care of you from start to finish.
We’ll head out to your site for a free measure and chat to you about what you need, and what options will suit. You’ll get a competitive quote, with an installation time that meets your schedule. You’ll be continually updated on progress, and your site will be left neat after installation.
Our aim is to give you a convenient, quick, and stress-free experience.
We install to engineering standards so:
- Upright posts are visible with rounded edges or padding
- Shade sails are securely connected to their bases to withstand high winds
- Bases are firmly welded and bolted
- Soil tests are done to check the type of soil on site
- All site designs are checked and certified
- Inspections are performed
- All work is signed off
All design and installation complies with:
- Worksafe recommendations
- Victorian government guidelines
- Building Code of Australia
- DET Building Quality Standards Handbook 2014 (the Handbook)
- Infrastructure and Sustainability Division policies
Your installation is covered by a 2 year warranty. We are here for you for the life of your shade or sail.
Shade and sail maintenance
Shade structures and sails withstand severe weather conditions. Over time, the fittings used can weaken or rust. For safety, we recommend 12 month maintenance schedules for all commercial installations. This will ensure:
- Fittings are in good condition
- Shade sails are tight
- Safety for your community
- Insurance obligations are met
- Contact us
- Free measure onsite
- Choose internal blinds guided by professional consultants, swatches and spec sheets
- Get a budget friendly quote for your chosen internal blinds
- Expect installation approx 2.5 weeks after your measure and quote
Frequently asked questions
Is there a longer lasting shadecloth? (for replacements)
Our expert consultant will visit your site for a free measure and discuss options. The technology of materials has come a long way over the past few years. Your choice of materials will be stronger, vandal resistant, weatherproof, and SunSmart.
Is the material tear resistant?
Yes. But installation is also important. Our professional installers will make sure your sail or shade tension is nice and flat (tight) so it doesn’t flap around in the wind. This is especially important along the windy coastal areas. The more a sail or shade flaps around in the wind, the more likely it is to tear.
Will it give us full blockout?
Yes. We recommend canvas as it gives better sun protection than other materials. Advancements in material technology also reduce heat underneath the sail or shade.
What locations do you service?
We’ll head out to you anywhere up to 2 hours from Warrnambool, including Casterton, Portland, and Colac.